Ask It!
Home > Ask It! > Trade > Documents

SGS test report

Hi there, I wish someone can help me. I'm new to the trading business. I will be issuing a back to back LC to my supplier to avoid the contact between the real buyer and seller, however, I just need to make sure, how do I get about it for the certificate of origin, the Bill of lading and the SGS test report...? Will I be able to get it from my home country...? If anyone can help, I will be really appreciate it. Rgds, Wesley

Posted on 2013-02-15 02:23:51

All Answers

Its batter you appoint SGS or any other agency from your side and pay your self for testing. this way when you are paying them they will act on your behalf and reduce chances for defective material.

2013-02-15 02:23:51

The certificate of origin proves the manufacturing country of the goods; The bill of lading is issued to the shipper by shipping company after shipment; SGS is a third party inspection company and if you've appointed SGS to test the goods before shipment, SGS will provide a test report to the applicant. You need talk to your supplier for all this documents.

2013-02-15 02:23:51