Ask It!
Home > Ask It! > Trade > Insurance

Any recourse in the car accident?

In November 2008 my then 19 year old son was involved in an auto accident. He admitted responsibility and was given a ticket for running a red light. The SUV hit his little Sentra in the rear corner. Up to that point my son had a spotless driving record for over three years and nothing since the accident. The other driver who was just fine after the accident started to complain a few days later resulting in $10,000 in various medical treatment. She has since hired an attorney specializing in auto accidents and now she waits the $100,000 limit. We feel she is taking advantage of our naive son in this situation. Do we have any recourse? The accident occurred in Florida.

Posted on 2013-02-15 01:00:26

All Answers

If you have not turned it in to your own insurance, then you better get an attorney to advise if you are responsible for your son and the car he was driving. Same applies if your insurer paid it's limit. But it souunds like the other attorney is only asking for the amount of your policy and not more. So I would say don't worry about it. Let your insurer fight it and be glad you had insurance.

2013-02-15 01:00:26